If you are arrested, the police will decide whether the person will be released on bail until the trial date. Subsequently, the courts have discretion over whether or not to grant bail if the matter is not resolved at the first appearance. If released on bail, an extended bail period may be imposed by a superintendent officer for up to 3 months (except in SFO cases). In „exceptionally complex“ cases, particularly in cases where the Financial Conduct Authority or the Serious Fraud Office are involved, the period may be extended by an appropriate official (if applicable, an FCA or SFO official or otherwise a police commander or vice-chancellor-in-chief), subject to the suspect`s assurances. Subsequently, further extensions of the bond, up to 6 months in a row, will have to be issued by a court of law. Bail is suspended for each day the suspect is hospitalized. However, the sentence may not exceed the maximum sentence that can be imposed for the offence for which the person is charged. For example, the person may be prosecuted for disorderly conduct under Section 7 of the Summary Offences Act 1953 (SA), which carries a maximum penalty of $1,250 or 3 months` imprisonment, the maximum penalty for breach of bail in connection with this offence is $1,250 or 3 months in prison [s 17(2) Bail Act 1985 (SA)]. Failure to comply with the bail conditions is not a misdemeanour, but it may lead to the accused being arrested and tried, where he will be remanded in custody, unless the court is satisfied that he will meet his conditions in the future.

[64] If you go to court, if your case is not yet settled that day, you can apply to the court for bail. If the judge grants you bail, you can leave and appear on another day. These are called bail conditions. If you violate a condition of your bail or do not appear in court if you should, you are breaking the law. Seek immediate legal advice. Yes, yes. In some cases, an accused may withdraw without a guarantee on his „own surety.“ To do so, the accused may be required to report regularly to the police or another organization, such as.B.: a bail agreement takes until your case is resolved or until a court orders it to terminate or change. You can ask the court to change the terms of your bond if you have good reason to do so. In particular, if your deposit has a condition on your place of residence, if you need to change your address, you should ask to change your deposit before moving. This is the usual reason for the prosecutor`s opposition to bail when it is a serious offence in cases such as murder, attempted murder, armed robbery and rape.

  Posted in: Allgemein