People often find that implementing the party wall law can be frustrating and costly. It is not uncommon for a construction project to be delayed by a few months and for the fees for the measured persons to run for a few thousand pounds just for the appearance of the party wall, which could be considered a fairly simple change to a domestic property. To help you navigate your way through the law, let`s take a look at the most common problems from the point of view of the party that is planning the work. Neighbours can claim compensation if they can prove that they have suffered a loss because of work, and this may even require the removal of the work. The same applies if you have a party contract with your neighbours, but you do not respect the agreed terms. They may also have a „party structure.“ It may be a floor or other structure that separates buildings or parts of buildings with different owners, z.B. apartments. The first way to proceed is to discuss your party plans with your neighbors before sending one of them to one of them. You must wait for a response – your neighbour must inform you in writing within 14 days if he agrees. The best scenario is that they accept all works in writing, which means you don`t need a party bargaining agreement that saves fees. For the construction of new walls or a party fence wall across the border, the following information must be provided: the party walls are located on the land of 2 or more owners and: repair of a party wall or buttresses, drop pipes, sewers, sewers, ducts, ducts, chimneys, chimneys, chimneys, ovens or troughs used in common with neighbors.

If the construction work has an impact on a party structure, you must do so at least two months before work begins. For excavations, you must be noticed at least one month in advance. Work can begin as soon as an agreement has been reached. If you want to work on old walls, you should include in your communication the following information: If you live in a semi-detached house or a semi-detached house, share a wall with your neighbor – the party wall. Any loft extension or conversion that concerns this wall requires communication from the party president and could therefore require a cooperation agreement. You must also provide a notification if you propose to dig within 3 meters of a nearby building or to complete construction work on the party wall, for example to remove a chimney. The person in charge of the communication is the person who wants to take charge of the work, usually the owner. If there is any case that there is more than one contractor and they are tenants, all building owners must consider their names in order for the party`s closing decision to be valid.

  Posted in: Allgemein